Sunday, November 21, 2010

“Boker Tov”, it’s not a lot but it’s what I’ve got!



A guy walks into a bar, in a foreign country with a foreign language, there’s a rabbi there and a horse having a drink......... He goes straight up to the horse and says “why the long face”, the horse replies I don’t know he’s been like that all day.

There are times when you got to have sense of humour to get you through life, a laugh can turn your day right around, look at it this way you can’t laugh and be depressed at the same time. There are times when laughing seems impossible, there are times when everything you’ve got means nothing at all and there are times when all you can do is use what ever little you’ve got to make a change, to make a difference and hold the possibility of laughter in your mind one more time. 

Currently I’m in an Landscape Architects office of Hebrew speakers with limited English, some however, it has to be said have excellent English, in many cases better then mine. This is a comfort but it’s not a solution. I’ve got to use what I got, what I got is “boker tov” a simple phrase which means good morning. I’m so proud of that little phrase I say it with excellence, every day in the office I use it as much as I can.  Yes everybody gets a “boker tov” from Scott Renwick. The boss, his wife, my colleugues, the cleaner, everyone. I say it with conviction, I smile and say it, cheer and say it, sometimes I say it low, sometimes slow, sometimes loud sometimes soft, it doesn’t matter how , I say it in so many different ways each one excellent, each one beautiful and each one more powerful then the last. 

I can’t say a lot, I haven’t got a lot, but what I got I use a lot, I make an impression, I get a smile and I let them know I’m trying, that I’m there and that I’m persistant. Nobody in the world can say “boker tov” better then me, I’m the worlds greatest! 

I‘m building my entire life on this little phrase “boker tov”, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this means “Good Morning”. It really says everything about me, I’m awake, I’m ready and I’m full lof energy.

“Boker Tov” it’s not a lot, but it’s what I’ve got!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment